Everything else would be perfect and life would become peaceful and joyful and there won’t be any more struggle or hard work.
Know what I am talking about?
The Thing you and only you were born to do here.
You know you have The Thing.
And maybe you figured out The Thing already but you still can’t seem to figure out the way to fully unleash it. To fully embrace it. To fully show it to the world and accept the abundance the world wants to give you for Your Thing.
So today I am on a quest to figure out a way to do The Thing the right way to end the struggle and find Freedom. Because Freedom is really the end result that we are all hoping to get by doing The Thing, The Right Way and being rewarded for it.
My questions are – How do I find a way to deliver The Thing in the hands of the people who need precisely That Thing? How do I figure out a way to do what I was meant to do and be who I was meant to be without any struggle or “hard work”? How do I find a way to deliver The Thing the exact way that will provide the most value to the world?
What does it take to fully unleash The Thing?
1. First and foremost get really clear on what The Thing is.
Sometimes it takes awhile. Sometimes it’s a process. We don’t often know right from the start what The exact Thing is. We might be stumbling around it, but we need True Clarity.
Journaling for self-discovery really helps. All the answers are already within us. All it often takes is to start asking the right questions and writing down your answers.
What are the right questions?
What would I do if I couldn’t fail? What was I born to do? What is my special form of genius? What is my life purpose? What do I love and why do I love it?
(Questions “why” are extremely important. It’s not the “what” that sheds the light on who we are, but “why”. Why do we love what we love? Why do we do what we do?)
2. Once you got clear on The Thing, get clear on how you can package it into something meaningful and valuable. Is it a product or a service? How will it look? What features should you include?
3. Next, Get clear on your Ideal Client. The Ideal Client is the person who needs That Thing the most.
Don’t think too hard about it. Know why? Because that person is probably a lot like you.
If you know yourself, there is a very high chance you know your Ideal Client. Because if The Thing you want to do is truly Your Thing, then you are really solving your own problem by doing it.
What about market research and all the other serious stuff everyone tells you to do? All of that is helpful but in reality the only person you have to “research” is yourself.
Which leads me to the most important point.
4. Do something with Your Thing that will make you go – “WOW!” You are your Ideal Customer. You are the only person who you really have to surprise and make believe that what you have to offer is truly valuable.
If you are already doing The Thing – does it make you go “WOW”? Do you yourself want The Things that you are doing? Answer honestly. Do you yourself think that Your Thing is remarkable? Because if you don’t, it will always continue being a struggle.
Do you want to buy your product? Do you want to hire yourself as a coach? Do you want to read your own blog posts and do you go “WOW” after reading them? Do you want to read your book and if you do – do you think it is truly the book you’ll be thinking about for days and telling your friends about?
Your Thing might be million times better than the other guy’s thing who is making ten times more money than you do, but if you yourself are not truly impressed by it, you’ll never be as successful as that guy.
So how can you surprise yourself? How can you really impress yourself? What does it take? What needs to be done? What needs to be changed?
Your attitude? Your way of delivery? Maybe you need to repackage The Thing? Or upgrade it?
Slow down a bit and get to the core, look inside your heart and figure out what it is going to take for you to go –“ WOW!”
What is it going to take for you to really want Your Thing?
I asked myself these questions lately and here are my answers:
1. I have to forget about money. And focus even more on the value I can provide. And provide that value in any way I can to anyone I can.
2. I have to become even more authentic and not be afraid to share more of my personal journey in everything I do.
3. I have to prepare for each coaching session as if I am saving the world, get more creative and ask more often: “How can I go an extra mile and what can I do to create an ultimate coaching experience for my client?” The answers are within, just start asking the right questions.
4. I have to put my heart and soul in absolutely everything I do and really listen to my muse when it shows up. Routine and plans and goals are great but I have to listen to my inspiration even more often and roll with it while it lasts.
I want you to leave my blog and think about what you’ve read here. And in order for me to make you think, I have to, first of all, make myself think.
5. I have to get even more committed to what I am doing. I think I am 99% there but I have to push myself more to get to a full commitment.
6. I have to “act as if” more. Act as if is when you are writing like you have hundreds of thousands of subscribers already and expecting a call from Oprah any minute. Act as if when you are preparing for your next gig as if you are going to give a presentation at TED show. Act as if is expecting miracles and big things to start happening really soon.
7. I have to learn to let go more. This is counterintuitive – committed but let go at the same time. This should be on the top of your list though.
When you are too attached to Your Thing, you are not allowing it to fully bloom. You are blocking it from fully flourishing by being in the “I gotta figure it out, I gotta make it work.” mode.
It will come. Relax a bit. The Universe is on your side. It wants you to succeed. Commit and let go.
And keep asking “How can I surprise myself?” As soon as you surprise yourself, the World will be surprised too. And there will be lines of people standing after Your Thing. And there will be peace in your soul because you’ll know – you are doing Your Thing and your are doing it right.
So what is Your Thing? Do you know it? If you do, what do you need to change for the World to respond with lots of love to it? How can you surprise yourself? What should you change so you yourself truly want Your Thing?
Find the answers to these questions and the World will respond.
And you will have Freedom. And Freedom, I believe, is everything.