1 . You fail only if you quit. There is a great quote “Failure is not fatal, success is not final, it is the courage to continue that counts.” There is another great quote “It is not that I am smarter I just stay with the problem longer.” Failure is just a step closer to your dream. As long as you get up and keep moving, you will succeed, there is no way around it.
2. Do something every day to get out of your comfort zone. This is the only way to grow and learn. Fear is your biggest enemy on the way to your dreams. The more you go out of your comfort zone the less you fear. You cannot succeed if you always stay in your comfort zone. Make it a point to do something every day, even if it is something small, to get out of your comfort zone.
3. Know exactly what you want. Make a vision out of it. Write it down.
4. Focus on what you want, ignore what you don’t want. What you focus on multiplies and grows in your life.
5. Live in the present moment, take things one day at a time. Especially when times get tough, don’t think of the future, don’t think of anything else but the present moment. You can get through anything one moment at a time. Know your long term vision and then take each day one at a time.
6. Keep moving, don’t stand still. Always strive for taking action. The longer you stand still the harder it is going to be to start moving again. Do whatever it takes to take action toward your dreams. Even if it is something small, small steps add up into massive success over time.
7. Always find something to be grateful for. Think about what you are grateful for every day. If you can’t find anything, think about the children starving in Africa, I bet you will find something after that.
8. Take full responsibility for everything you have in your life. Only when you take full responsibility for what you have, do you give yourself power to change your life for the better. You can’t change anything while in the victim mode.
9. When something good is over, don’t cry, smile and be grateful that it was. You will attract something even better this way.
10. Don’t procrastinate because you think you need more preparation time. You will never know it all. Take action and learn on the way.
11. Don’t worry about making money, think about bringing value. Money will follow.
12. Find your passions. You can’t bring value if you are not passionate about what you do.
13. Commit to continuous learning, you will never know it all.
14. Don’t resist things you don’t like in your life. What you resist persists. Instead of focusing on what you don’t want, focus on what you want.
15. No one is ever misbehaving. Stop trying to control others and get upset if they don’t do what you expected them to do. Just assume that no one is ever misbehaving, no one is ever trying to upset you on purpose. Life gets much easier when you assume that.
16. Even when someone does upset you on purpose they most likely do it out of fear. Forgive quickly.
17. Be kind to people. Most importantly be kind to yourself. Don’t beat yourself up for your mistakes. Just say “Next time I’ll do it differently”. Again it is all about your focus. Focus on what you did wrong and you will do it again. Focus on how you can do it better, and you will do it better.
18. Expect only the best and you will get the best. Believe you deserve a wonderful life. You will never get more than you are open to receive.
19. Don’t get comfortable. Be happy and grateful, but never comfortable. As soon as you are comfortable you stop growing. Life is about continuous progress, be happy with what you have but always strive for more.
To be continued….I add more rules all the time, so I’ll keep them posted here. Do I follow all of those rules 100% in my life? No, I don’t, but I am trying and I know one day I will.