I have used creative visualization randomly throughout the past few years to reach certain goals of mine and I knew about its benefits.
I read the book “The Subconscious Mind Power” where the role of visualization is emphasized in creating our reality.
But for whatever reason I never started doing it consistently.
I think a lot of us know about visualization and its power but few of us actually do it on a regular basis–like every day or even every other day.
How I started.
Well, the first time I truly got to thinking about making it a part of my daily routine was when I met a lady at one of the seminars I went to. The lady was diagnosed with some untreatable disease awhile ago and was told she had 6 months left to live at the most.
That is when someone told her about visualization and she decided to give it a try. She had nothing to lose after all. She was living in a wheelchair at the time and couldn’t walk or even stand on her own. Three month after using visualization, she started walking. A month later doctors said she was going to live.
Now 3 years later, she looks and feels better than she felt in a long time, has a prospering business and loves every second of her life.
All of that just with the use of creative visualization.
When I heard a real person standing in front me telling me this story, that’s when I decided that I had to try it.
Why does it work?
I call visualization a process of consciously convincing our subconscious to bring us something we want to manifest.
A lot of our daily thoughts and actions are affected by our subconscious programming. Unfortunately, we didn’t choose most of that programming, it got imprinted there in childhood or through certain experiences we had in life. Some of the beliefs our subconscious holds don’t make sense at all, but we live them often without realizing it.
Well, the process of visualization is designed to help us to consciously choose our programming. This in turn will help us live a more conscious life. Of course, it is still programming, but a conscious one, made by choice, if it makes any sense.
Our subconscious mind doesn’t understand the difference between real and imaginary. Our subconscious mind is also connected to the Universal Mind which can create anything.
Once our subconscious takes something as a truth, it will find a way to bring it into our reality. You will start becoming a person that can really reach the goal you are visualizing. Ideas, opportunities, and people will start showing up in your life sometimes in miraculous ways.
I truly believe that this world is abundant and everything we ever wanted or needed is already here. Our limiting beliefs though distract our mind from seeing the right opportunity and acting on it.
Visualization helps us to focus our mind, get rid of distractions or limiting beliefs and as a result we start seeing opportunities and acting on them.
Visualization also makes us highly intuitive, so some events might look like a miracle, like an urge to go to some place where you’ll meet a person you needed or do something that will bring you closer to a goal of yours.
That is our subconscious guiding us and sending us in the right direction.
The human mind is a miraculous machine. It can reach anything, all you have to do is make it believe and give it a specific goal to achieve.
Get Clear First
But before you start visualizing you have to get really clear on what it is you want to manifest.
Without getting clear on your true desires, visualization might still work, most likely it will work if you do it right, but reaching those goals won’t make you happy. You have to find your true desires coming from your soul and align them with your mind beliefs. This is the only way to experience true joy and fulfillment.
You can convince your mind of anything, but your soul, your Highest Self will help you only with those goals that correspond to your calling you came here to accomplish. So it is important to find your true goals.
Once you’ve discovered the goals that come from your soul, it is time to convince your mind using visualization.
“Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, you can achieve.” Napoleon Hill.
1. Find a place where you won’t be interrupted for a few minutes.
2. Set the intention for your visualization session. What do you want to accomplish with it? This step is very important. Clear intention in the beginning will ensure a big part of the success of the session. Examples of intentions: “Get into the feeling of abundance so that I can attract it into my life.” “See myself as a confident person so that I can improve my self-esteem.” What is your intention?
3. Think of exactly what you are going to visualize before you start. The best way to do it if you have enough time is to write out your Ideal Day. You can read about how to come up with your ideal day here. If you don’t have enough time to visualize your whole ideal day than just pick a part of that day or just some particular goal of yours you want to manifest.
4. Get into the alpha state. This is the best state of mind to impress your subconscious with your goals. That’s when your logical conscious mind is not interrupting and access to your subconscious is open. If you are meditating, getting into alpha state should be easy for you. If not, then just get in a comfortable position lying down or sitting in a chair and deliberately start relaxing every part of your body by focusing your attention on it and letting go off the tension.
5. Start visualizing. When visualizing make sure to follow the guidelines below.
- Be in the picture, don’t look at it as if from afar
- Involve all five of your senses. This is very important to make the experience as real as possible for your mind.
- Important: Especially involve your feelings. Your feelings are your subconscious mind’s preferred mode of communication. If you want to impress it quickly, use your feelings.
Use as much detail as you can but don’t worry if the picture is fuzzy. You will get better with practice and remember, your feelings are the most important part. As long as you get the desired feelings, the quality of the picture is not that important.
It is the vibration or the energy that you send out that is going to impress your subconscious and make it believe.
If you are visualizing the whole ideal day (click on the link to read about the Ideal Day), it might take you about 20-30 minutes. If you are visualizing just a part of your ideal day or a certain goal of yours then it might take anywhere from 5 minutes and up.
Do the best you can and let go of the rest. You don’t have to be perfect, just do what you can.
Any time you dedicate to your vision is better than no time at all.
Always visualize as if the goal of yours came true already. Live it. Feel it. Believe it. You’ll see that physical reality will follow your vision soon.
I truly believe that the Ideal Day creative visualization technique is one of the most powerful techniques out there for shifting your reality. So, I prepared a 27-page report called the Ultimate Guide to Ideal Day Creative Visualization Technique for you outlining exactly how to do it.
I also have my guided visualization meditation mp3 for you to download. In that mp3 I guide you through the whole visualization session to ensure that you stay focused and don’t get distracted.
The mp3 was recorded using brainwave technology that will put you into meditative alpha state that you need for effective visualization.
If this sounds like something you might benefit from join below my newsletter and occasional blog updates and I’ll send you the link to download the report and 20 minute visualization meditation mp3 right away. Just put your email address in the form below and click “Join Now!” button.